Junior Thespians are affiliated with the International Thespian Society and are an honorary theatre society for students who excel in the theatre arts.
In order to be a part of the Junior Thespians at Silver Hills, you must do the following things:
- Attend our first meeting, which will be on Tuesday, September 14th from 4:15-5:30
Fill out an application at the meeting, which will show eligibility to be in the society.
- You must prove that you've given at least 50 hours in a theatrical production at your current school. (If you were in the cast of Mirror, Mirror last year this will count.)
If you weren't in Mirror, Mirror, you must have been in at least two productions at your previous school or in a community theatre.
- You must provide contact information from the director of the outside productions, so Mrs. Dill can communicate with them.
- Mrs. Dill will process the applications, and all members who have met the requirements, will become Junior Thespians!
- You must pay a one time induction fee of $17.
- Those students who become Junior Thespians will be preparing Individual Events for conference in the following categories: Solo Musical Theatre, Duet Scene, or Monologue.
- We will meet every Tuesday from 4:15-5:30 throughout the fall, until the conference.
At the Colorado State Junior Thespian Conference, you can expect the following:
A day filled with active theatre workshops designed especially for middle school students. The workshops will be presented in a round-robin fashion, so that students can experience all of the guest artists that are brought in From Broadway to Hollywood, to instruct students on the numerous aspects of theatre arts. Registration 8 to 9 a.m., with the first workshop at 9 a.m., the day ends at 4 p.m.
The $45 per student Junior Thespian Day registration fee, will include all workshops and performance events. Lunch is on your own, most schools have their students bring a sack lunch and dine with the DJ entertainment provided in Lobby B
Besides taking workshops, Junior Thespians can also present Individual Events (or IE's) in various categories in musical theatre, voice, and technical theatre. Each individual event costs $25.